Head-On Collision Truck Accidents
A head-on collision is serious in any situation, but it is exponentially more dangerous when involving a large, heavy vehicle, especially one that may be carrying dangerous or flammable cargo. If you or a loved one is injured in a head-on collision, our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys can help.
The head-on truck accident attorneys at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C. will fight for the compensation you need following a collision. We successfully represented a woman who was struck head on by a truck driver who crossed the center line, recovering a $9-million award on her behalf. We know the devastation this type of truck accident can cause, and we are prepared to fight for the justice you deserve.
Our head-on truck collision lawyers are available to discuss your claim and how we can help. We charge no attorney fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more.
What Should You Do After a Head-On Truck Collision in Philadelphia, PA?
If you or a loved one is ever involved in a head-on truck collision, take the following steps to protect your legal rights and claim:
- Report the accident. Get an objective accident report by promptly contacting emergency services. An accident report can show the collision happened and include the officer’s impressions about its cause.
- Seek medical attention. You can request an ambulance at the scene of the accident if you are injured. Follow up with all medical treatment your doctor prescribes. Maintain all original medical records and bills. You will need these for your claim.
- Preserve evidence from the accident scene. If you have any photos or video from the scene, keep them safe. As soon as possible, give them to your head-on truck collision attorney.
- Save your employment records. You may be able to recover financial compensation for the lost wages you suffer, so keep track of all employment records that show the time you miss and the benefits you use.
- Talk to an experienced head-on truck accident lawyer. A personal injury lawyer experienced with head-on truck accidents can help protect your legal rights while you focus on your recovery.
Proving Liability in a Head-On Truck Accident
Most head-on truck accidents are caused because one of the drivers was on the wrong side of the road. Some of the parties who may be potentially liable for a head-on truck collision and the evidence that can help prove their liability include:
- Truck Driver – A truck driver may be fatigued, confused, distracted, or impaired, which can lead to them crossing the center line or driving the wrong way down a one-way road. These factors can make the truck driver responsible for the collision. An experienced truck accident lawyer can review cell phone records, electronically-stored data, witness statements, and photos or videos of the accident scene to determine factors that might have contributed to the accident.
- Trucking Company – The trucking company that hires the driver might be responsible for the resulting accident due to principles of vicarious liability that hold employers responsible for the acts of their employees. Additionally, the trucking company may be liable for pressuring the truck driver to violate hours of service rules or for failing to properly supervise drivers. An experienced truck accident lawyer can demand the production of certain documents that may help establish liability, such as driver logs, personnel records, and electronically stored data.
- Manufacturer of the Truck or Parts – If the collision is due to a defective truck or truck part, the manufacturer responsible for making the defective truck or part might be liable for the accident. A truck accident lawyer might try to preserve the original parts involved in the accident to run tests on them and see if their failure contributed to the accident.
- Loading Company – If the accident was caused because cargo shifted during transit or fell out of the vehicle, the company responsible for loading the cargo may be responsible for your damages. Accident scene photos and the position of the vehicles at the time of impact can help show if these were issues in the accident that harmed you.
- Maintenance Company – Because large commercial trucks have thousands of vehicle components, it is critical to public safety that these trucks are regularly inspected and maintained. If a third party is responsible for maintaining the fleet, the maintenance company may be legally responsible for the resulting accident. Your lawyer can demand maintenance records and review if this was an issue in your accident.
Time Limit to File a Head-On Truck Accident Collision Claim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The time limit you have to take certain legal action is called the “statute of limitations.” Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is two years. In most cases, this means that you only have two years from the date of your injury to file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Why It’s Important to Talk to an Attorney After a Head-On Truck Collision in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
A head-on truck collision attorney can help protect your legal rights and the value of your claim, so it’s essential that you speak to one as soon as possible. An experienced personal injury lawyer can:
- Investigate your claim to determine who is at fault
- Identify all potential sources of compensation
- Determine whether the trucking company violated any federal or state regulations and how this affects your claim
- Gather medical records, accident reports, employment records, and other evidence to establish liability and your damages
- Handle all communications on your behalf
- Advise you of things not to do, such as posting on social media, giving a recorded statement to the insurance company, or signing documents without having an experienced trial attorney review them
- Negotiate for a fair outcome on your behalf
Contact ER Legal Today
If you were injured in a collision caused by a negligent truck driver or trucking company, do not hesitate to reach out to the experienced head-on collision 18-wheeler accident attorneys at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C. today. We can promptly launch an investigation to determine all parties who are responsible for your injuries and losses, as well as all potential sources of compensation. We are here for you through life’s toughest trials. Contact us today for a free case review to discuss your legal rights and options.