Explosions and Fires
Despite the safety measures that should be in place, fires and explosions are all too common at construction sites. These devastating accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that leave workers with overwhelming medical bills, unable to support their families or return to the life they once had.
Victims of explosions and fires at construction sites need to understand their legal right to compensation for such catastrophic injuries. At Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., our respected trial attorneys have helped many workers and families recover maximum compensation in these complex cases. Some of the life-changing results we have won in construction accident cases include:
- $101 million settlement when the Tropicana Parking Garage collapsed while under construction, killing five people and leaving 30 with serious injuries
- $5.015 million settlement for an electrical lineman following contact with live catenary wires
- $3.025 million recovery for the family of a man who was killed in a construction accident
If you or a family member has suffered severe burns or other injuries in a construction site fire or explosion, please contact our law firm now. Our experienced personal injury attorneys can review your case in a free consultation and explain your right to compensation.
Why Choose Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck?
Most people who are injured on a construction site have never been in the position to need a personal injury lawyer before. You may not know what to look for or what questions to ask. At Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., we have built a reputation for our proven trial skills and long track record of results handling catastrophic injury cases.
When you trust us to work on your case, you will benefit from our:
- Extensive experience in complex burn injury cases
- Resources to take on deep-pocketed companies and insurers
- Ability to prepare a case for trial and take your case into a courtroom, if necessary
- High-quality, personalized service
- Contingency fee arrangement that ensures you do not pay us unless your case is successful
Do not wait to get the legal advice you need after a devastating construction site accident. Your future and your family’s future depend on it. Contact our personal injury attorneys today to learn how we will fight tirelessly on your behalf.
How Our Attorneys Will Fight for You
After sustaining an injury from a fire or an explosion, you need a skilled lawyer who has experience handling these types of cases. When you choose the trial attorneys at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., our team will:
- Perform a thorough investigation of your case, including identifying all possible sources of compensation
- Collect extensive evidence to help substantiate your claim
- Accurately evaluate and document your losses, including anticipated losses in the future
- Work with our network of experts to support your case
- Advocate for you every step of the way, including taking your case to trial if necessary
Catastrophic burn injury cases require seasoned, resourceful trial attorneys who have a proven track record in court. Contact our law firm now to learn how we can help you.
We Demand Maximum Compensation in Catastrophic Cases
There are many different types of damages you can seek in a construction accident lawsuit. These are meant to compensate you for your injuries or losses, or return you to the position you were in before the accident.
Although no one can accurately determine what damages are available in your specific case without first reviewing the facts, there are a few types of damages that are common in these types of cases. These include:
- Medical expenses: Our law firm will demand payment for all medical expenses for the treatment you need to recover from your injuries. We will pursue payment not only for the costs you have already incurred, but for any of those that you will incur in the future, as well.
- Lost income: When your injuries are so severe that you cannot return to work, our attorneys will also seek payment for the income you are losing as a result.
- Loss of earning capacity: After suffering a catastrophic burn injury, you may never be able to return to the same line of work you once did. When this is the case, our team will seek compensation for the difference between your old salary and the salary you will now earn, or your entire salary before the accident if you are unable to return to work in any capacity.
- Pain and suffering: Although your physical pain and suffering may be difficult to place a dollar value on, it is an important factor to consider when assessing damages. This is a serious loss, and you deserve compensation for it.
- Emotional distress: Just like your physical pain and suffering, you deserve compensation for any emotional distress you suffer as a result of your construction site accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: When injuries are catastrophic, you typically cannot enjoy life the way you once did. You may not be able to partake in the same activities, or even perform daily functions, such as walking, like you once did. This is a significant loss, and we will demand compensation for it.
- Wrongful death: When an accident is so severe that it takes the life of a loved one, family members may be entitled to pursue damages for wrongful death. Although these damages can never truly make up for the tragic loss of a loved one, they can ease the burden on the family left behind.
When we take on your case, we will thoroughly document all the damages you are entitled to receive and fight for the maximum amount you deserve. Contact Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., now to discuss the details of your case in a free consultation.
Common Construction Site Fire and Explosion Hazards
Construction sites are filled with many different types of hazards that could lead to serious fires and explosions. The largest risk of explosions and fires on a job site include:
- Electrical sparks
- Large equipment striking underground pipelines
- Open flames and pilot lights
- Cutting and drilling
- Compressed gas cylinders
- Use of flammable and combustible liquids
- Temporary heating devices
- Blasting agents
Our attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of your construction site accident and identify who should be held accountable. Our firm has the knowledge and the resources to investigate these complex accidents.
Injuries Caused by Construction Site Fires and Explosions
Of course, the first injury that is common in construction site fires or explosions are burns. These are extremely serious and can vary from first-degree to third-degree burns, with third-degree burns being the worst. These burns cause significant scarring, extreme pain, and often months of recovery.
Other injuries from fires and explosions include:
- Loss of limbs
- Multiple fractures
- Respiratory issues
- Injuries to soft tissue and internal organs
- Internal bleeding
- Excessive blood loss
- Sensory impairment
- Loss of hearing and sight
All of these are serious injuries that are very expensive to treat. Having an experienced personal injury attorney on your side is crucial as you seek the compensation you need to heal and move forward with your life after a catastrophic accident.
If you have been hurt in a construction site explosion or fire, you need to speak with our dedicated trial attorneys as soon as possible. At Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., we are committed to fighting for the rights of those who have been catastrophically injured in preventable accidents. We understand the extreme pressure you and your family are under during this difficult time, and we will manage every aspect of your case so you can focus on healing.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with a knowledgeable burn injury lawyer. We will evaluate your case, explain your legal rights, and answer all your questions.