Johnson & Johnson is facing thousands of lawsuits over its Baby Powder and Shower to Shower products. Both talcum powder products are linked to an increased risk of ovarian cancer and other health problems. Talc is a naturally-occurring mineral that is composed of silicon, oxygen, magnesium and hydrogen. Johnson & Johnson’s products are commonly used to prevent chafing and other issues that cause physical discomfort.
- How does talcum powder cause ovarian cancer? When talcum powder is used as a feminine hygiene product, it can travel to the ovaries and cause inflammation. Over time, this inflammation may trigger the development of cancer cells.
- How dangerous is ovarian cancer caused by talcum powder? Ovarian cancer is highly dangerous even in cases where it is not caused by talcum powder. There may be no early symptoms of ovarian cancer until the illness has spread to other organs.
- What are early noticeable symptoms of ovarian cancer? The first noticeable symptoms of ovarian cancer can be mild. Early symptoms may include bloating, loss of appetite, fatigue, heartburn, nausea, frequent urination, abdominal pain, back pain and menstrual changes.
- Did Johnson & Johnson know talcum powder can cause cancer? Tens of thousands of pages of documents have been uncovered, some of which suggest Johnson & Johnson knew its talcum products were dangerous. Studies linking talcum powder to ovarian cancer date back to the 1970s.
- Can talcum powder products cause other types of cancer? Talcum powder products may also contain asbestos, a group of naturally-occurring minerals that are linked to asbestosis and mesothelioma. Mesothelioma is a type of lung cancer that is caused by inhaling asbestos.
Johnson & Johnson is not the only manufacturer of talcum powder products in the US. Lawsuits have also been filed against Colgate-Palmolive.
Can I File a Talcum Powder Lawsuit for Ovarian Cancer or Mesothelioma?
If you or a loved one developed cancer after using a talcum powder product, then you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible. The Philadelphia product liability lawyers at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C. are currently accepting talcum powder cases. You can read more about our law firm’s experience with talcum powder lawsuits by continuing to explore our website.
For a free consultation with one of our attorneys, you may call (877) 638-0114 or fill out our online case review form.