Philadelphia Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Catastrophic personal injuries are more complex than ordinary personal injuries. Therefore, after serious accidents, you need more than an ordinary personal injury law firm. You need a law firm that has a proven record of successfully litigating complex catastrophic injury claims. At Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., we focus on catastrophic personal injury cases and unlike other law firms, we have the resources necessary to investigate big, complex cases. We have experience handling complex cases with multiple defendants and have successfully obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for our clients. If you need a catastrophic injury lawyer, we are here for you.
Common Examples of Catastrophic Personal Injuries
Catastrophic injuries cause severe, disabling damage that will last the rest of your life. Often, these injuries affect your ability to move, work or otherwise live and function as you did before the accident. Some of the most common examples of catastrophic injury include:
- Spinal cord injuries. Damage to the spinal cord often results in lifelong paralysis below the site of the injury. The most severe spine injuries can even limit your ability to breathe on your own.
- Traumatic brain injuries. These types of injuries have physical as well as cognitive affects. A serious brain injury may cause partial or total loss of movement as well as personality and intellectual changes.
- Severe burn injuries. Extensive burns can cause permanent disability and may require months or years of painful treatments. Additionally, burn injuries may cause nerve and muscle damage so severe that amputations may be required.
- Amputation or loss of limb. Serious accidents can cause instantaneous traumatic amputations or damage so widespread that amputation is necessary. Loss of limb can severely limit your job opportunities and require expensive medical equipment.
- Eye injuries. Partial or complete blindness caused by an eye injury always has a dramatic effect on a person’s life. It is likely that they will be unable to work, and may need assistance for many years.
Many individuals who suffer catastrophic personal injuries need advanced medical treatments or around-the-clock care. These needs are expensive, especially considering that it is unlikely that the injured person will be able to return to work for some time if at all. However, if someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you may be able to get compensation for your expenses, past and future, as well as your significant pain and suffering.
How is a Catastrophic Injury Case Different from Other Personal Injury Lawsuits?
A catastrophic personal injury lawsuit is a kind of personal injury claim. However, the nature of the injuries and the kind of accidents typically involved set catastrophic injury cases apart. Usually, catastrophic accidents require an in-depth, time-consuming investigation. Depending on the accident, this investigation could involve multiple experts, dozens of witness testimonies and significant expenses.
In addition to the investigation, catastrophic injury cases also require a team of economists and medical specialists. These experts determine the extent of the injury and the total financial and economic impact it will have on the rest of your life. Calculations like these are complex, and take into account everything from the cost of your medication to relocation expenses as well as inflation and other economic factors for years to come.
Typically, individuals who suffer a catastrophic injury will be seeking millions of dollars in compensation so they can pay for lifelong care. However, with so much money at stake, insurance companies and other defendants will do everything they can to avoid paying. They hire experts of their own as well as legal teams who will use all aspects of state and federal law to mount a defense.
For all of these reasons, you need a catastrophic injury lawyer with experience filing successful lawsuits for these kinds of accidents. At our law firm, we have the resources necessary to invest in a thorough investigation. In addition, our attorneys never back down from a fight in the courtroom. We are prepared to stand up for you in front of a judge and jury and protect you against the tactics commonly used by the defense.
Need Help After a Serious Injury? Call for a Free Review with a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Catastrophic injuries have a devastating affect not only on the person injured but also on family and friends as well. If you or a loved one sustained a life-changing injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, call a catastrophic injury lawyer from our law firm today. Our attorneys will answer your legal questions and take the time to fully explain your options.
We have law offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as well as Cherry Hill, New Jersey, however our attorneys accept cases nationwide. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay nothing unless we help you win your case. Call one of our offices or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today.