Autistic Boy Dies After Routine Dental Procedure in Washington State

A Vancouver, Washington family is mourning the loss of their 4-year-old son who passed away on Friday. The boy, who was on the autism spectrum, would not keep his mouth open during a routine dental procedure. Consequently, he was given a shot of Ketamine so his mouth could be examined. The mother claims that at the time of the procedure the anesthesiologist told her that her son was given an extra does to ensure that he did not wake up halfway through.

At the end of the procedure, the child did not wake up. Staff members administered CPR and called paramedics to the scene. The boy was then transported to the hospital where his passing was confirmed. Officials say it will take eight weeks for the toxicology report.

Anesthesia errors are a harsh reality. Too little can cause the patient immense pain while too much can cause catastrophic injuries or fatality.

Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Eisenberg Rothweiler Advocate for Victims of Anesthesia Errors

If you or someone you love was the victim of an anesthesia error or other form of medical malpractice, you are urged to contact the medical malpractice lawyers at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C. Our compassionate legal team will represent you every step of the way, securing the peace of mind you need to recover. To learn more, contact us online or call us at 866-746-0839. We represent clients nationwide.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/03/14/autistic-boy-dies-after-routine-dental-procedure-report-says.html



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *