- Years in Practice
- Education: Grad/Undergrad
Temple University School of Law
Top 50 Women Attorneys
For more than 29 years, personal injury attorney Nancy J. Winkler has represented individuals and their families in litigation regarding a wide range of complex legal matters. As a result, she has recovered millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements. At the heart of her career is a personal dedication to protecting the rights of innocent victims.
Education and Personal Injury Law Experience
Nancy attended the Honors Program at Temple University, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, in English and Economics. She then earned her Juris Doctor degree from Temple University School of Law, with an Award for Excellence in Civil Trial Advocacy.
Since then, Nancy has served on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association and as the Association’s President from 2013 to 2014. She has also served on the Board of Governors of the Pennsylvania Association for Justice and has been active in the Philadelphia Bar Association, appointed Co-Chair for the Medical-Legal Committee for 2004. Through the years, she has investigated many judicial candidates for the Commission for Judicial Selection and Retention.
As a partner at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C., Nancy concentrates her practice on catastrophic injury cases. These include medical malpractice, auto defects, product liability, construction accidents, and premises liability cases, including unsafe swimming pools. Through her work, she has influenced companies in various industries to be more safety conscious and to implement and adhere to more rigid safety standards.
Nancy values a team approach and hard work. She investigates each case thoroughly, treating her clients with respect and compassion, working to help put families’ lives back together as much as possible after a catastrophic accident. For Nancy, being a personal injury attorney allows her to be an advocate for people when things that should never happen sometimes do.
Charitable Work and Community Activism
In addition to her other responsibilities, Nancy believes in giving back to the community. She lectures for various groups and organizations, including lawyers, doctors, nurses and healthcare workers. She has written articles and seminars on topics including civil litigation, defective products, professional negligence and automobile law.
Additionally, she has been active in charitable organizations such as Robin’s Nest Children Services and the Pennsylvania Brain Injury Association. Nancy has also taken on many pro bono cases throughout the years, to represent those who could not otherwise afford an attorney.
- $3.6 Million Dollar Settlement
Restraint CaseRead More
- $4.5 Million Dollar Settlement
Newborn babyRead More
Awards and Distinctions
- Top 100 Trial LawyerThe National Trial Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in AmericaBest Lawyers®
- President’s Award (only recipient to receive the award more than once)Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- Service AwardPennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Super LawyerSuper Lawyers®
- Top 50 Women AttorneysPhiladelphia Magazine
- Fellow (trial lawyer honor society)Litigation Counsel of America
- MemberMillion Dollar Advocates Forum
- Past PresidentPhiladelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- MemberState and Local Bar Associations (PA, NJ)
- Board MemberBoard of Governors, Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Top 50 Women AttorneysPennsylvania Super Lawyers