- Years in Practice
- Education: Grad/Undergrad
The Delaware Law School of Widener University
Montclair State University
Top 100 Philadelphia Super Lawyers
Co-founder and senior partner of our law firm, Philadelphia medical malpractice attorney Kenneth M. Rothweiler began his career as a legal clerk for the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Dedicated to complex personal injury litigation, he has tried more than 100 jury trials. These cases resulted in some of the largest verdicts in Pennsylvania.
Experienced Advocate for Medical Malpractice Victims
Today, Ken is one of the leading medical malpractice lawyers in Pennsylvania, consistently achieving both seven and eight figure verdicts and settlements. Medical malpractice cases are notoriously complex, requiring extensive medical knowledge and expense to investigate and litigate. However, Ken has the experience and resources necessary to represent the most difficult medical negligence claims. In fact, other firms routinely refer tough medical malpractice cases to Ken.
When investigating catastrophic injury or wrongful death as a result of medical negligence, Ken takes care to consider all aspects of the potential case. This includes not only the past expense and suffering of the victim or victims but also future needs. Medical malpractice injuries often result in permanent, disabling injuries that require constant care. Therefore, Ken always investigates issues such as future medical bills, ongoing pain and suffering and the cost of necessary home renovations.
Legal Analyst and Community Activist
Ken is active outside the courtroom, too. He routinely appears on FOX 29 News as its Legal Analyst providing insights into a wide range of issues.
Ken is passionate about his practice and about helping victims nationwide. In 2001, he rallied patients in Harrisburg to protest potential changes in the law. These changes would have denied victims of medical malpractice access to a courtroom trial. He also assisted in the creation of legislation that promoted patient safety.
Additionally, Ken routinely volunteers his time to take on pro bono cases for those who cannot afford legal representation.
- $15 Million Dollar Verdict
Child Kidney DamageRead More
- $11.2 Million Dollar Verdict
Local hospital – brain tumorRead More
Awards and Distinctions
- The Best Lawyers in AmericaBest Lawyers®
- Pennsylvania Super LawyerSuper Lawyers®
- Top 100 Trial LawyerThe National Trial Lawyers
- Top 100 Plaintiff’s Trial LawyersAmerican Trial Lawyers Association
- Legal AnalystFOX 29 News
- Past PresidentPennsylvania Association of Justice (formerly Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association)
- Past President Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
- MemberMillion Dollar Advocates Club
- Created programs to educate young trial attorneys“My First Trial” and “View From The Bench”
- Charter Board MemberBrain Injury Association of Pennsylvania