Kenneth M. Rothweiler
Consistently achieving both seven and eight figure verdicts, Kenneth M. Rothweiler is “at the top of his profession,” exclaims client Joanne Graham. His revered reputation in Pennsylvania among patients, doctors, and lawyers alike is undeniable - commencing his career by serving as a legal clerk for the Superior Court of PA, he stands today as the co-founder, senior partner, and chair of the management committee of his firm.
Dedicated to complex personal injury litigation, he is one of the leading medical malpractice lawyers in Pennsylvania. His concentration also includes product’s liability and pharmaceutical cases. He has tried more than 100 jury trials resulting in some of the largest verdicts in Pennsylvania, including a $15 million dollar verdict he achieved on behalf of a young boy who needed a kidney transplant, an $11.2 million verdict for a brain-damaged woman, a $5 million dollar settlement during trial for a child with a seizure disorder, a $4 million dollar settlement during trial for a man who was not diagnosed with an epidural abscess, and a $3.6 million dollar settlement during trial for a man who was excessively restrained which resulted in death.
Rothweiler is routinely named as one of The Best Lawyers in America (a book which is the oldest and most respected peer-review guide to legal excellence in the United States), a Super Lawyer 2005-2013 (a listing of exceptional lawyers from over 70 areas of practice; only 5 percent of the lawyers from a particular state or region are included), one of the Top 100 lawyers in Philadelphia and one of the Top 100 lawyers in the state of Pennsylvania. He is a past President of the Pennsylvania Association of Justice (formerly known as the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), a Past President of the Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Club, and outside of the courtroom has been the creator of programs such as “My First Trial” and “View From The Bench” which serve to train and educate young trial attorneys. Rothweiler also served as a charter board member for the nonprofit organization The Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania. In 2001, he rallied patients in Harrisburg to protest potential changes in the law which would have denied victims of medical malpractice access to a courtroom trial. As a result, Rothweiler assisted in the creation of legislation that promoted patient safety.
In addition to his trial work on behalf of injured clients, Rothweiler routinely volunteers his time to take on pro bono cases for the indigent.
His definitive list of verdicts includes:
• $15 million (medical negligence to child causing the need for a kidney transplant)
• $11.2 million (brain damage of young woman/tumor undiagnosed)
• $3.8 million (tractor-trailer blockade causing facial injuries to unsuspecting motorist)
• $3 million (all terrain vehicle accident resulting in death)
• $3 million (back injury resulting from a failure to monitor patient)
• $2.91 million (ear surgery resulting in death)
• $2.5 million (statin drug misuse causing muscle damage)
• $2.45 million (hospital’s failure to monitor blood pressure resulting in death)
• $1.4 million (products liability against forklift manufacturer resulting in crush injury)
• $1.25 million (failure to diagnose breast cancer resulting in death)
• $1.12 million (leg injury due to forklift accident)
His latest achievements include settlements for $15 million involving a patient’s cardiac complications and $8 million for a baby injured by a defective product.
Kenneth Rothweiler's Media Appearances
- Eisenberg Rothweiler Cases
- Legal Issues
- Local Issues
- National Issues
- Social Issues
- Medical Issues
- Penn State Sexual Abuse Scandal
- Philadelphia Priest Abuse Trial
- The Trial of Dr. Conrad Murray
- The Philadelphia Duck Boat Accident
- The Trial of Casey Anthony
- The Trial of Amanda Knox
- Shooting of Florida Teen Trayvon Martin
- Celebrity Justice
To learn more about personal injury litigation and medical malpractice, contact Kenneth M. Rothweiler or another Philadelphia personal injury lawyer at Eisenberg, Rothweiler, Winkler, Eisenberg & Jeck, P.C.